Saturday, February 21, 2009

artworkk



I am currently working this series of drawings. There are nine panels in total, and show a person putting layers and layers on and then taking them off and off and off. The first picture is right in the middle of the series. I'm going to color them now and add words? I'm feeling really hesistant about this project/making anything, but I know I should just take the plunge and finish it off.

Conceptually I'm trying to work with the form of a really simple story that is a visual conceit for a specific idea or feeling, kind of like a parable gives way to a moral. The idea of layering/ unlayering is how I feel about art....I keep putting layers on (energy, time, interest, knowledge, understanding, passion), only to take them off later (forget, loose interest, get disheartened, question it all, stop believeing what i learned) All the while i'm never really sure of my own body temperature. I guess being in school is like that, but I feel like I'm going in circles and circles and circles. Anyway, this is a pretty vague discussion of it all, and I guess I'm not entirely sure how to get it into words yet. I was really struggling with starting anything at all, and this was the only image I kept coming back to. I started the project with a gut feeling, and I'm hoping listening to my stomach signals will pan out.

1 comment:

  1. This looks good, and i really like your concept and analogies!

    ReplyDelete